Usquaebach Old Rare Scotch Whisky

$131.99

This product is available in: CA, NH, NJ, ND Unfortunately, we can't ship to PO Boxes and APO addresses.

Size750mL Proof86 (43% ABV)
Served at the 1969 and 1989 Presidential Inaugural Dinners, the recipe for Usquaebach Old Rare Scotch Whisky dates back to the 1700s.

This product is available in: CA, NH, NJ, ND Unfortunately, we can't ship to PO Boxes and APO addresses.

Notes

Note:  This product is not eligible for gift wrapping.

Note:  Once an order has been safely & successfully delivered, we do not accept returns due to change of heart or taste. Due to state regulations, we cannot accept the return of alcohol purchased by a customer in error.

Out of stock

About Usquaebach Old Rare Scotch Whisky

Translated from Gaelic as “the water of life,” Usquaebach – pronounced “oos-ke-bah” – is the etymological root of the modern word “whisky.” “With Usquaebach we’ll face the devil,” says Scottish poet Robert Burns in his famous 1791 work Tom O’Shanter.

While the word itself was first trademarked in 1877, the blend used in Usquaebach Blended Scotch Whisky actually dates back to the 1700s, when traveling merchants and artisans would combine spirits from the highest-caliber single distilleries to create fiery, sophisticated blends consumed by people throughout the country’s rolling hills.

Usquaebach “Old Rare” Blended Scotch Whisky is crafted by Usquaebach’s master blenders, who search for the very best malts and grains from Scotland’s most reputable single malt distilleries. The blend contains 41 specially-selected single malts which are up to 20 years old – 85% of the blend is comprised of such single malt whiskies, with the remaining 15% made up of blended grain whiskies (the blending has been done by the Laing family in Scotland for over 100 years).

As a result, Usquaebach “Old Rare” Blended Scotch Whisky has noticeable aromas of coffee, tobacco leaf and white pepper. The palate is smooth, with notes of saddle leather and lemon curd leading to a long, complex finish with hints of seasoned oak, charcoal and fresh mint.

Usquaebach “Old Rare” Blended Scotch Whisky was served at the 1969 and 1989 Presidential Inaugural Dinners (for Presidents Nixon and H.W. Bush). Pick up a timeless whisky appreciated by connoisseurs the world over today!

About Scotch

Scotch is the most popular whisky in the world and is considered the king of them all! There are five whisky regions in Scotland (six if you count the not officially recognized Islands), and each of them produces spirits with unique properties and distinct tasting notes. (The type of grain used determents the type of the scotch.)


Malt whisky is made of malted barley, and grain whisky uses other grains like corn or wheat. Most of the time, a whisky is blended from different distilleries hence the name blended scotch, but if a malt whisky is produced in a single distillery, we get something extraordinary called a single malt.


Check out our impressive selection of scotch whiskies, find your new favorite in the Top 10 scotch whiskies, or explore our treasury of rare & hard to find scotch whiskies.

Read More
Aromas of coffee, tobacco leaf and white pepper. The palate is smooth, with notes of saddle leather and lemon curd leading to a long, complex finish with hints of seasoned oak, charcoal and fresh mint.
This item doesn't have any reviews yet.
(0 reviews)